Thursday, December 17, 2009

Jessica Craig-Martin














Just discovered Jessica Craig-Martin whilst reading Elle last night. I swear I wake up in the morning to find heaps of torn fragments of magazines over the floor from all my discoveries the night before...
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANYWAY - As I was saying, Jessica Craig-Martin did a great accessories shoot for Elle and when I looked her up this morning I found out that she is perhaps best known for her photographs of New York society.
I love these. They are subversive and quietly biting observations of high-society, a visual evaluation of those that 'Have'. Her cropping techniques are also interesting; for me they suggest a surgeon's eye, slicing and revealing what lies beneath the gowns, jewels and champagne.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails