Monday, February 15, 2010

Direct from House of Heat-Stroke.



Today was so, SO hot. I hate it when the weather people swear blind that we will get a huge storm, and it just builds to a crescendo of wilted plants, humidity and headaches without so much as a tiny lightening bolt or thunder crash.
I was supposed to go to uni (college for my American readers), but my Dad was down to attend a seminar and I thought I should stick around in case he wanted me to come collect him. I did a huge dance practice this morning and then sat in the pool with my photography notes. I basically spent the rest of the day holding icecubes on my eye lids trying to get my heat-heavy eyes to focus on the words in front of me. I went out at about 2pm to jump in the pool again and accidently slipped on the stairs and cracked my shin against the wall and simultaneously dropped my study book into the water. It's a library book. I immediately got that prickly feeling you get between your shoulder blades when your mind is weighing up the pros and cons of throwing something and swearing or quietly sitting down to assess the damage. It chose a bit of both.
Hopefully tomorrow will be cooler in every sense of the word! xo

3 comments:

Melissa {Suger} said...

The heat and humidity. Yuck! Falling, cracking your shin and dropping your book in water... how much can a women stand!

Blog it out baby.

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

LOVE that first pic of the ring! And the hair jewelry...GORGEOUS! Thanks again for the smile!

Have a great week!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

siiiigggggh, i want ALL OF THIS

Related Posts with Thumbnails