Monday, October 18, 2010

After the wreck, I picked myself up, spread my wings, and flew away.


Remember that at any given moment there are a thousand things you can love.
(David Levithan)
 




Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
(Mary Oliver)







“A fight is going on inside me,” said an old man to his son. “It is a terrible fight between two wolves. One wolf is evil. He is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. The other wolf is good. he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you.” The son thought about it for a minute and then asked, “Which wolf will win?”
The old man replied, “The one you feed.”
(Wendy Mass)








When you come to the edge of all that you know, you must believe one of two things: either there will be ground to stand on, or you will be given wings to fly.
(O.R. Melling)




Along with the idea of romantic love, she was introduced to another—physical beauty. Probably the most destructive ideas in the history of human thought. Both originated in envy, thrived in insecurity, and ended in disillusion.
(Toni Morrison)









If you want to understand any woman you must first ask about her mother and then listen carefully. Stories about food show a strong connection. Wistful silences demonstrate unfinished business. The more a daughter knows about the details of her mother’s life - without flinching or whining - the stronger the daughter.
(Anita Diamant)









I am a true adorer of life, and if I can’t reach as high as the face of it, I plant my kiss somewhere lower down. Those who understand will require no further explanation.
(Saul Bellow)






She is a friend of my mind. She gather me, man. The pieces I am, she gather them and give them back to me in all the right order.
(Toni Morrison)







Can you see me? All of me? Probably not. No one ever really has.
(Jeffrey Eugenides)






Fools talk, cowards are silent, wise men listen.
(Carlos Ruiz Zafon)
 





I’ll always be beautiful. Look at me. I have one hundred and sixty two bug bites, and has it made me any less beautiful? No! It just makes me more interesting! I’ll always be like this, stuck in this beautiful form, and you’ll have to deal with it.
(Kristin Cashore)




6 comments:

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

Oh, I needed this today - thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I was just wandering who if you could give me the name of the artist who made the image below your comment "I am a true adorer of life, and if I can’t reach as high as the face of it, I plant my kiss somewhere lower down. Those who understand will require no further explanation.
(Saul Bellow)"
Thanks!

Rianna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rianna said...

Dear Anon, Greetings!
That photo was made by the gifted, GIFTED Eleen Rogers. Please google stalk her immediately - you will be cast into a world of cobwebs, lost souls and eccentrics. She is one of my very most favourites. xoxo

Rianna said...

Oh, dear - that was meant to be 'Ellen Rogers'.
Eek.

Anonymous said...

Thankyou!

Related Posts with Thumbnails