Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday Night Lights.

I don't believe it was because of the week I've had, terrible as it was; it was still just a week. But I was gut-wrenched to walk the wrong way up the train tunnel to get to my platform tonight.
Coming from work, I stalked up the way and found the barriers to the platforms closed, for some reason. And as I adjusted my bag and looked around to see how to make the shortest way to the station I saw:
Women, old and young, in tiny skirts and all of them wobbling in too-high heels; poisoned with spray tans, tapping furiously on iphones. And boys doing the same, all out on the hunt.
And I've never felt so apart and displaced. Gets me down to see the games people play, the way they underestimate their potential all the time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails