Monday, November 22, 2010

You know, you're really such a pretty one...




You might think I lost all hope at that point. I did. And as a result I perked up and felt much better.
- Yann Martel.




Do you think I’m wonderful? she asked him one day as they leaned against the trunk of a petrified maple. No, he said. Why? Because so many girls are wonderful. I imagine hundreds of men have called their loves wonderful today, and it’s only noon. You couldn’t be something that hundreds of others are.
- Jonathan Safran Foer.



The thought came to me that perhaps it is the loving that counts, not the being loved in return — that perhaps true loving can never know anything but happiness. For a moment I felt that I had discovered a great truth.
- Dodie Smith.






I’m like that. Either I forget right away or I never forget.
- Samuel Beckett.






I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death.
-Robert Fulg.




You have to know what you stand for, not just what you stand against.
- Laurie Halse Anderson.






The flower bloomed and faded. The sun rose and sank. The lover loved and went.
- Virginia Woolf.







Everything is more beautiful because we’re doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.
-Homer.









And you shall take me strongly in your arms again, and I'll not remember that I ever felt the pain; we will walk and talk in gardens all misty wet with rain, and I will never, never, never grow so old again.
-Van Morrison.










Maybe the same bird echoed through both of us yesterday, seperate, in the evening.
- Rilke.









All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
- J.R.R Tolkein.  






I am all in a sea of wonders. I doubt; I fear; I think strange things, which I dare not confess to my own soul.
- Bram Stoker.






Maybe the greatest madness is to see life as it is rather than what it could be.
- Cervantes.












At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love.
-St John of the Cross.
 

Images via Cocaine Girl and Suicide Blonde.
I wish I was still in the Philippines.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails